Cisco Packet Tracer download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Cisco Packet Tracer is a powerful network simulation software developed by Cisco. The tool can be used to build and simulate simple and complex networks. It also provides a learning environment for instructional courses, professional training, and more.
What is Cisco Packet Tracer?
Cisco Packet Tracer is a cross-platform simulation solution designed by Cisco Systems to let you create and analyze virtual networks. As it realistically simulates the behaviors of Cisco routers and switches, it allows you to experiment and learn how network architecture and management work quickly. In addition, it offers an intuitive interface and valuable resources to learn how to use it.
What are the key features of Cisco Packet Tracer?
- Build your networks: The key principle of Cisco Packet Tracer is to let you build virtual network environments to simulate and easily visualize how the different components (like routers, switches, PCs, servers, wireless devices, etc.) interact and work with each other.
- Design and topology: Through the handy interface combined with the drag&drop feature, you can build complex network architectures with several layers of components. Also, you can set up different aspects of network devices, like routing protocols, IP addressing, VLANs, and security options. Error detection and troubleshooting are also possible by examining device configurations and analyzing packet flows.
- Collaborative: Working and building together is crucial to share ideas and find optimum solutions. Thankfully, it also supports multi-user accounts and real-time reflections so that you can work with others on the same network simultaneously and dynamically see their changes.
- Packet analysis: You can entirely capture the network traffic within the simulated network and analyze packet-level details. That is useful for understanding how data move along the network, checking headers, and making meaningful modifications if needed.
- Device emulation: It supports various Cisco networking devices, like routers, switches, firewalls, access points, and servers. Because the devices reflect real devices' functionalities and settings, it is perfect to practice with real-time conditions.
- Real-time Mode: This is the first operating mode replicating real devices' behavior and focuses on real-time responses to network activities. It is quite useful to test and evaluate performances once your network is built.
- Simulation Mode: This second operating mode allows you to view and set time intervals to give you more control over data propagation and inner functionalities of data transfer across a network.
- Protocols: A wide range of protocols and technologies are supported, such as IP, IPv6, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), VLANs, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), and more.
How to use Cisco Packet Tracer?
Is Cisco Packet Tracer free?
Yes, Packet Tracer is a free-to-use software.
Is Cisco Packet Tracer safe?
This software can be considered completely safe. Packet Tracer can be used to simulate and study real-life network scenarios. It is meant to prepare users before they start putting their network knowledge into practice. For more information, you can consult the Privacy Statement.
What is the difference between Cisco Packet Tracer and Wireshark?
Cisco Packet Tracer is a solution designed for training purposes as it simulates data traffics.
On the other hand, Wireshark can look at real packets from real networks, both from a network card directly or saved and distributed in a standardized packet capture file format.
- Packet tracer free download
- Cisco packet tracer free download
- Cisco packet tracer download
- KMSPico > Download - Other
- Minecraft: Java Edition > Download - Sandbox
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition: download for PC, Android (APK) > Download - Sandbox
- FIFA 23 > Download - Sports
- Microsoft Access > Download - Databases