My computer not coming on

Closed
Cheekz - Dec 26, 2016 at 07:07 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 27, 2016 at 06:34 AM
Hello, I have a Lenovo thinkcentre desktop where the CPU is built in. When turning it on the fan just makes it sound like when it booting up but it's not stopping, neither is it coming on. I tried the 30 second hold the power button but it's not working. Sometimes after I do that it has a beeping sound. Please help!

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 27, 2016 at 06:34 AM
Hi Cheekz,

Trying to hold the power button was a good decision because it sometimes fixes booting issues. Could you give us more details about the beeping sounds you hear? Is it like one single beep or more like a combination? Those sounds are post codes which may indicate which part of the PC is failing. I would check the PC’s manual for some more information about the post codes. Depending on the motherboard model, every beep may point to different issue. Another option is to contact the manufacturer’s support and seek assistance.

Hope this helps