My PC does not start

Closed
Bidaman - Dec 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 28, 2016 at 04:19 AM
Hello,
My Pc stop working properly , leds are on , cooler works but intermittent . At begining my pc starts after half an hour or more but now is just powering cooler on and off .
Recently i buyed 1 8GB RAM DDR3 (kingston hyperx FURY 1600MHz) and i also had 1 4GB RAM DDR3 (kingston 1600MHz )
Another problem i had after i succed to open PC on desktop appear a window with "Windows cannot find 'Pleasewait.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly , and then try again. "
Sry my bad english ! :D
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 27, 2016 at 03:52 AM
HI Bidaman,

As far as I understood, you cooler is working but is not working all the time. Is this right? The way a cooler is working may depend on its model, configuration and above all, the temperature in the case. I would recommend you to measure the working temperature of your PC.
The pleasewait.exe process is part of the Windows activation. Have you been asked to activate your Windows copy recently? If you have a Windows installation drive, boot from it and select the Repair option. It may fix some minor errors without harming your data. For other troubleshooting steps, please check this article in the Microsoft forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-pleasewaitexe-is-missing/f895d343-a889-48c7-a1a8-9f5828533c1a

Hope this helps

Kind of , coller work like that : 3 sec on , 2 sec off (repetitive). Also i'll try what you recomand .
Another thing , my problem isn't how cooler works . The real problem is the fact that my pc stop open totally , nothing show on desktop but all conections are good , and computer also working (idk how to explain that kind of "working").
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Bidaman
Dec 28, 2016 at 04:19 AM
It sounds like a bit strange issue. Sudden loss of signal or shut downs may indicate a problem with the power supply. Sometimes the power may be enough to run the cooling and the LEDs, but not enough to run the PC normally. It may be worth it to check the power supply unit. It is just a suggestion, but a faulty PSU can cause a lot of trouble and damage to other hardware. In order to check it, you may need to seek assistance from a technician or try using another power supply.