Can put my computer on a shut down timer

Closed
azza - May 12, 2009 at 06:30 AM
 Shrimpyaab - Aug 24, 2010 at 01:59 AM
Hello,
can put my computer on a shut down timer. for watching a movie or listening to music in bed?
Related:

2 responses

yes you can go into notepad and copy and paste this

shutdown.exe -s -t 30

the 30 can be changed to any number the number is how many seconds you want it to shut down in {it can only be done in seconds} so if you wanted it to shut down in 1 hour you would need to work out how many seconds are in one hour. or any other time.

once you have typed this into notepad and changed the 30 to however many seconds you want it to shut down in go to file , save as , type a name and put .bat at the end of it wit NO spaces REMEMBER TO TYPE THE .bat part or it wont work. once you double click it it will tell you to save any work and log off your computer but you dont need to. just listen to music until your pc goes off.

if you want to abort the shutdown copy and paste this into notepad

shutdown -a

and then save as call it a name and then put .bat on the end of it like the last one

for example

shutdown.bat

tell me how it goes

Anthony Lees
Thanks! I needed to add .exe to the abort command for it to work. I am running Windows 7.
i know one softwer timeleft that can give you strength to shutdown at given time when you get exactly your ans then mail me give your mail id.