WD elements 2 tb external hard drive for MacOS

Closed
Bobmackie - Updated by Ambucias on 9/01/17 at 04:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 9, 2017 at 05:51 AM
Hello,

I have just purchased a WD elements 2 tb external hard drive and have formatted it for a mac.
When i try to access the drive or initiate a backup I get a message to say that the he is not connected. How can I sort it out
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Updated by R2D2_WD on 9/01/17 at 05:53 AM
Hi Bobmackie,

Could you tell me what file format have you chosen when you formatted the hard drive. It arrived formatted in NTFS, right? Please make sure you have selected the correct file format and then connect the drive to the Mac. I would format it in ExFAT especially if you are going to use the drive on both Windows and Mac.
Open Disk Utility and check if the drive is recognized. If it is but with wrong format, format the drive once again and then check if the issue has been resolved. I would strongly recommend you to test the drive on another Mac PC and with another USB cable.
Please let me know if there is progress!

Hope this helps

Western Digital Representative