Empty Files when transferred to a 2TB flash drive

Closed
Doggo17 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2017 - Updated on Apr 20, 2017 at 10:13 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 20, 2017 at 07:48 PM
Hello,
So i bought a 2TB flash drive online.

I transferred some videos and images the first time i used it but when i accessed the flash drive again the files are no where to be found but the space is used and so i erased all of it by formatting my flash drive

I tried Changing the file format from exFAT to FAT32, then i tried to transfer one video and an image to test it, I plugged the flash drive again and the video and the image can be viewed or seen but when i added multiple files in to the flash drive, the files i transferred is there but when you open the videos it will show nothing but still occupies the memory space and that same goes to my other documents and images. The only thing that you can see or view is the first video and image i transferred.

I tried formatting it again and this time i transferred multiple files and when i plugged them again, they all worked, i added new files again but the same thing happened, the first files i transffered after formatting is accessable except for the new files o transferred when i plugged the flash drive again.

I tried changing the file format from FAT32 to NTFS the results are still the same.

I want to use this flash drive with ease, where i can transfer and view files without a problem everytime i use it like every normal flash drives. Is there a way to fix this?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 20, 2017 at 07:48 PM
It's possible that you bought a counterfeit drive that does not have the advertised storage space. These type drives are programmed to display large storage space but might have only 100 MB of real storage. The drive electronics are programmed to accept large data files but not actually record the data. I suggest you try to return the product.

Good Luck