USB Flash Drive Tester is a program that allows you to test your memory cards and USB sticks to identify any bad sectors.
Disclaimer: It seems that this software hasn't been updated for several years - the version linked to this page is the latest to exist, so do not bother searching any further.
What is USB Flash Drive Tester?
USB Flash Drive Tester is a simple-to-use utility to test your flash drive or flash card and check for sectors' sanity through write and read errors.
What are the key features of USB Flash Drive Tester?
- Interface: It features an all-in-one interface from where you can easily pick your device, launch tests, and instantly view logs and information.
- Export: You can save the results in a dedicated log file stored on your computer for later use or reporting.
- Map legend: It is able to detect good sectors, recoverable read errors, fatal read errors, recoverable write errors, fatal write errors, and comparison errors.
How to use USB Flash Drive Tester?
- Select the flash drive or flash card you want to test from the Select Flash Drive/Card list on the upper left.
- Select the test type you want to perform from the Select Test Type list on the upper right, either Read, Write, or both.
- If you want to save a log file, check the Write Log File checkbox, and choose the location where the log file will be saved.
- Click Start Test to start the test. You can stop it whenever you want by clicking on Stop Test.
- You can view the log in real time from the built-in console.
Is USB Flash Drive Tester free?
Yes, USB Flash Drive Tester is free to use.
Is USB Flash Drive Tester safe?
Yes, USB Flash Drive Tester is considered safe to use.