June 11, 2017
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 2, 2021
-
my antivirus software (Norton security) popped up a warning and said it detected a large amount of suspicious outbound traffic from my computer.I said to myself "oh, well that's not good!" The antivirus wanted me to run Norton power eraser so I did. when it was done it said that there was a potential virus on my computer called leli.txt I went to click the apply actions button (recommended settings delete file) but it was blanked out so I exited Norton power eraser and looked for the file I could find it and I was too afraid to look in system files like system32 and hkey stuff because I thought I would mess something up on my PC so I asked the internet. and here i am now

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 2, 2021
Dear Wondering

A .txt file means that it's text file that can usually be opened with Note Pad, txt files can't harbour a virus.

leli.txt file is just a file that Norton, typically, could not delete or gave as a false positive.

A txt file will never be found in system 32, but leli.txt may have left a trace in your registry.

I suggest that you download, install and run this free CCleaner tool. It has a registry cleaner.

https://ccm.net/download/download-33-ccleaner

CCleaner, formally called "Crap Cleaner" is a tool I use regularly to optimize my RAM

Good luck

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus/Security Contributor
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!