Leli.txt

Solved/Closed
wonderingperson Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 10, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2017 - Updated on Jul 23, 2017 at 08:12 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM
my antivirus software (Norton security) popped up a warning and said it detected a large amount of suspicious outbound traffic from my computer.I said to myself "oh, well that's not good!" The antivirus wanted me to run Norton power eraser so I did. when it was done it said that there was a potential virus on my computer called leli.txt I went to click the apply actions button (recommended settings delete file) but it was blanked out so I exited Norton power eraser and looked for the file I could find it and I was too afraid to look in system files like system32 and hkey stuff because I thought I would mess something up on my PC so I asked the internet. and here i am now

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM
Dear Wondering

A .txt file means that it's text file that can usually be opened with Note Pad, txt files can't harbour a virus.

leli.txt file is just a file that Norton, typically, could not delete or gave as a false positive.

A txt file will never be found in system 32, but leli.txt may have left a trace in your registry.

I suggest that you download, install and run this free CCleaner tool. It has a registry cleaner.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4555-ccleaner/

CCleaner, formally called "Crap Cleaner" is a tool I use regularly to optimize my RAM

Good luck

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus/Security Contributor