Cannot access Facebook until I install Facebook malware scanner

Closed
korniceman3000 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017 - Jul 26, 2017 at 03:07 PM
korniceman3000 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017 - Jul 28, 2017 at 01:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope you won't mind advising me on this problem I am having with Facebook. I cannot access my facebook account via Chrome, IE, Microsoft Edge, or Opera (only through firefox). I received this message saying they needed to scan my device for malware that I needed to download the scanner provided by Kasperky Lab and Facebook.

I have already used several antiviruses including McAfee, Malwarebytes, WinDefender, Eset Online scanner, and all have came up clean. I have deleted all my cookies, browser cache, history, etc. but still cannot access Facebook until I download their Kaspersky scanner. Those who have done so heavily warn against doing so as it messes up your computer and existing antivirus programs and you still do not regain access to facebook. I do not want to download this program because even though Kaspersky is a reputable scanner, this is not via Kaspersky web but via Facebook and probably bundled with some kind of Facebook spyware. Also, there are reports that installing the Facebook scanner disables your other antivirus programs/forces you to delete them, massively slows down your computer, and the program suddenly disappears preventing you from uninstalling it.

I am not sure what to do at the moment. Please advise.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your assistance. Best regards!!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 26, 2017 at 04:50 PM
Hello,

Facebook probably detected some suspicious activity, Kapersky is just a suggestion, probably based on a business partnership.

You can just ignore it.

If you delete all of you temporary files and cookies from all you browsers, you should be okay.

Regards
korniceman3000 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017
Jul 27, 2017 at 02:10 PM
Hi Ambucias and thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I've already done what you suggested prior to posting here and it did not work. It refuses to allow access via Chrome, IE. Microsoft Edge, and Opera even after I deleted the temp files, browser cache, cookies, history etc. using the internal browser settings and with CCleaner. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > korniceman3000 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017
Jul 27, 2017 at 04:18 PM
Reinitialize your browsers to default settings.

P.S. Deleting all temporary files, browsing history and cookies worked for all other users.
korniceman3000 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday July 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017
Jul 28, 2017 at 01:19 PM
Unfortunately, that failed to work as well. I also tried a recent suggestion from another site to modify my chrome headers into safari but that too did not work. The only thing it did was change the scanner from Kaspersky to Eset...