Recuva is a tool that allows you to recover files deleted by mistake from the hard disk or any other storage device, such as a memory card or a USB drive. To increase the probability of recovering a file, it is essential not to overwrite anything on the disk or card after the file has been deleted.
How to recover lost or deleted files with Recuva?
- In order to recover a file deleted by accident, download Recuva.
- Once the download is complete, install the program on your PC and run the file.
- Select your language, and follow the installation wizard's instructions.
- At the end of the installation process, the Recuva Wizard will appear, after which you should click Next.
- Select the file you want to recover (Images, Music, Documents, or Video), then click Next.
- Select the location where the file you want to recover was located, and Recuva will try to find it. (For example, on the memory card, in the Recycle Bin, etc.) Then, click Next.
- Click Start to begin the search for deleted files. Once finished, Recuva will display the files that it was able to locate. Select the file that you wish to recover, and click Recover:
- Select the location where the file will be sent after recovery. (N.B. It should be a different place from where the file used to be before it was deleted.)
- Then, click OK and you're all set.
- You should now be able to open the recovered file.