December 4, 2019
- - Latest reply: Woody_3336
Registration date
Wednesday December 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019
- Dec 4, 2019 at 06:28 PM
In google chrome, advanced settings, clear browsing history, my Hosted App Data will not clear. There are over 2,000 apps in there, most are old and not used or needed. I have discovered that most of these old apps have come from shortcuts I created to have a temporary references, and then deleted. I have deleted the majority of these apps individually, but they came back on the next startup. I use avg tuneup to keep my computer clean, and now I regularly clean the browser. It works fine except for Hosted App Data. Can someone help to clean Hosted App Data, beyond browser cleaning.
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
approved by Aoife McCambridge and David Webb
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
December 6, 2019
Thank you
Hi,

Try the following:

Open the Chrome settings and scroll down to the Advanced category. Next, in Privacy and security, click on Clear browsing data.

In Time range, choose the All time option and check the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data boxes.

Then click on Clear data and restart the browser.

Say "Thank you" 3

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 5661 users have said thank you to us this month

Woody_3336
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019
-
Thank you for your attempt to help me. With the exception of going through privacy and security, the work flow is the same as I tried to describe in my pleading. I am afraid my attempt to follow your suggestion failed. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
December 6, 2019
353 -
Try resetting the browser to its default settings. To do so, go to Settings > Advanced and select the Reset Settings option, under Reset and cleanup.

Your bookmarks will be kept after the reset.
Woody_3336
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019
-
Thanks again, tried it to no avail. I had been thinking of this as a possible solution for a while, thanks for the nudge. If anything occurs to you while dosing, that is when my best ideas popup, feel free to write back. BTW I have been into the c drive and pulled the app file, there is a function for removal attached to each individual app. When one uses the removal function it appears to work, then lo and behold, they come right back. I am not sure when they return, I think at reboot, but right away in any regard. Once again thanks.
Woody_3336
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019
-
Oh, if I can figure how to do a page shot or whatever it is called, I will post.
Respond to HelpiOS
Thank you
Where is Petersburgh?
Respond to FacebookCoder