Hosted app data will not clear [Solved]

Registration date
Wednesday December 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019
-
 woody_3336 -
In google chrome, advanced settings, clear browsing history, my Hosted App Data will not clear. There are over 2,000 apps in there, most are old and not used or needed. I have discovered that most of these old apps have come from shortcuts I created to have a temporary references, and then deleted. I have deleted the majority of these apps individually, but they came back on the next startup. I use avg tuneup to keep my computer clean, and now I regularly clean the browser. It works fine except for Hosted App Data. Can someone help to clean Hosted App Data, beyond browser cleaning.

1 reply

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
July 7, 2020
Hi,

Try the following:

Open the Chrome settings and scroll down to the Advanced category. Next, in Privacy and security, click on Clear browsing data.

In Time range, choose the All time option and check the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data boxes.

Then click on Clear data and restart the browser.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 3464 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
July 7, 2020
Try resetting the browser to its default settings. To do so, go to Settings > Advanced and select the Reset Settings option, under Reset and cleanup.

Your bookmarks will be kept after the reset.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019

Thanks again, tried it to no avail. I had been thinking of this as a possible solution for a while, thanks for the nudge. If anything occurs to you while dosing, that is when my best ideas popup, feel free to write back. BTW I have been into the c drive and pulled the app file, there is a function for removal attached to each individual app. When one uses the removal function it appears to work, then lo and behold, they come right back. I am not sure when they return, I think at reboot, but right away in any regard. Once again thanks.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 4, 2019

Oh, if I can figure how to do a page shot or whatever it is called, I will post.
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
July 7, 2020
Thank you for the feedback. When you restarted the computer, did the apps come back? If yes, go to chrome://apps and delete all apps that appear by right-clicking. It seems that the app data comes from the apps located on that link.

Regarding your second message, I think you're referring to a screenshot. If this is the case, here is how to do that.
I bought a new computer, made the mistake syncing old and new computers, so the problems transferred over to the new computer. Love the new computer btw, my old 2011 laptop wasn't cutting it. Anyway between the two computers I had to delete (individually) over 4,000 old apps, BUT they have NOT come back. I also made shortcuts from deep within my C drive for cookies, cache and extensions so I can better monitor them. Thanks for all your help.