Malwarebytes download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Malwarebytes is a malware scanner that detects malware that other similar programs can not. It can perform 3 types of scans depending on your needs: quick, full, and flash. Moreover, risky websites can be blocked by this software. It uses powerful technology to detect malware such as worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, and much more.
What is Malwarebytes?
Malwarebytes is an anti-malware software (formerly Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, abbreviated as MBAM) developed for Microsoft Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Android, and iOS and designed to find and remove malware.
Created by Malwarebytes Corporation in 2007, it has evolved over the years to enhance its services and cover more threats and data-collecting behaviors.
What are the key features of Malwarebytes?
- Safety and protection: Malwarebytes software thoroughly protects your computer system from online fraud, phishing, malware, and different kinds of viruses and keeps intruders from encrypting your files for ransom.
- Confidentiality: The program protects your confidential information and files from online threats thanks to AI technology and machine learning, so you shouldn't worry about your data leak, it wouldn't happen.
- Quick: Malwarebytes analyzes your computer system in a matter of minutes to help you clean your PC and improve its performance.
- Three scan types: Malwarebytes allows you to choose among three scan modes depending on your needs and time preferences.
- Background mode: Malwarebytes can work simultaneously with you without interrupting your work, gaming, or learning experience, thanks to the background mode.
- Scan schedule: You can schedule a weekly or monthly automatic scan with Malwarebytes to never forget about your computer cleaning.
How to use Malwarebytes?
After downloading and installing the program, you should launch a computer scan that can take up to several minutes. During the scan, Malwarebytes software analyzes your operating system, all installed programs, and add-ons and generates a report that lists the affected files. Afterward, you can decide whether to delete some potentially dangerous apps or leave them.
Is Malwarebytes free?
This is the free 14-day trial version of Malwarebytes. Although it doesn't offer real-time protection, it still detects viruses and threats and cleans your PC. You can subscribe to the Premium version for $4 per month per device to access more features.
Is Malwarebytes safe?
Malwarebytes is considered a safe and powerful malware scanner.
Does Malwarebytes work?
Yes, Malwarebytes is an efficient solution that can prevent viruses in real-time, stop ransomware, and protect you from accidentally visiting malicious websites.
Can Malwarebytes detect keyloggers?
Malwarebytes is fully equipped to sniff out keyloggers. Indeed, it uses signature recognition, identification of typical keylogger behavior, and heuristic analysis.
Can Avast and Malwarebytes run together?
Technically yes, but they could see each other as threats as they both scan your device and analyze the behaviors of running programs.