Copy data to multiple Excel sheets after creating

Closed
Vjraghav - Updated on Feb 1, 2018 at 01:44 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 5, 2018 at 04:38 PM
Hello,

I have a standard template excel file - excel.xls. I have a list of servers in a text file - names.txt. I want to create multiple files of the excel having a name - ***_***_***_servername_***.xls and one of its cell value say AA1000 should have the same server name (as file name) pasted and this process should be repeated until the X number of servers in the names.txt file is completed. Request you to help me thanks.

Regards
Vijay

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 2, 2018 at 07:16 PM
OK, so what is your best guess?

What have you tried?

Take a look here, and let us know if you get stuck.
https://ccm.net/faq/54862-how-to-copy-data-from-one-excel-sheet-to-another-using-a-formula

Hey Mark Thanks for the advise. I started going through the link you have provied. I assume there are pictures in that page which did not load for me no matter how many times I refresh. Anyways I started reading through the instructions and tried. But, I am not sure how it will create a new excel while that instruction says to create new sheets. I will re-iterate my query here again.

Excel.xls is a template excel file where I need to populate server name and IP address and save the file with a name like - ****_****_****_SERVERNAME_***.xls

The server names and IP address is available in test file namely names.txt. I a looking for a script which will read the names.txt create excel files from the template > name the file and populate it with the respective server name and IP address.
Blocked Profile
Feb 5, 2018 at 04:38 PM
OK, so are you stuck on reading the TXT file?