How do I transfer a ringtone to an iPhone 4s?

Solved/Closed
Momon1222 Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 9, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2018 - Updated on Apr 10, 2018 at 06:14 AM
jerryjhon003 Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 17, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2023 - Mar 17, 2023 at 06:11 AM
Hello,

i just bought an iphone 4s i to a ringtone from mytinyphone.com it sent it to me in email how do i add the ringtone to my phone?

2 responses

jerryjhon003 Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 17, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2023 1
Mar 17, 2023 at 06:11 AM

To transfer a ringtone to an iPhone 4s, you can follow these steps:

1. First, connect your iPhone 4s to your computer using a USB cable and open iTunes.

2. In iTunes, click on the "iPhone ringtone" icon to open the device summary page.

3. From the menu on the left side of the screen, click on "Tones" to access your ringtone library.

4. Drag and drop the ringtone file you want to transfer from your computer to the "Tones" section in iTunes. Alternatively, you can also click on "File" in the menu bar and select "Add File to Library" or "Add Folder to Library" to import the ringtone file to iTunes.

5. Once the ringtone is added to iTunes, select your iPhone 4s from the device summary page.

6. Under the "On My Device" section, click on "Tones".

7. Select the checkbox next to "Sync Tones" and choose "All tones" or "Selected tones" depending on your preference.

8. Click on the "Apply" button to transfer the ringtone to your iPhone 4s.

9. Once the sync is complete, you can disconnect your iPhone from your computer and check the "Sounds & Haptics" section in the Settings app on your iPhone 4s. The newly transferred ringtone should now appear in the list of available ringtones.

Note that some ringtone file formats may not be compatible with the iPhone 4s. In general, the iPhone supports ringtone files in the .m4r format. If your ringtone is in a different format, you may need to convert it to .m4r using a third-party software before transferring it to your iPhone.

Blocked Profile
Apr 11, 2018 at 03:50 PM
Why didn't you select to SEND it to your phone, not in an email. There were options for:
Send to Phone
Save to PC
Send in EMAIL
Download Using WAP
Save for IPHONE

Try using another option!

Log into your email on a desktop. Save the ringtone in downloads. Move the ringtone to C:\Users\NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Tones\. Connect your Iphone to the desktop, and start up itunes. Convert the file if you need to. Rename the file to .m4r. Drop the ringtone into "tones" folder in Itunes. Synch it!

It is that simple!