When a new contact is added to your phone, WhatsApp Messenger should automatically detect the contact. If you know that the contact has an account, but they do not appear in your WhatsApp contact list, you may need to manually refresh your contact list. In this article we will show you how to refresh your WhatsApp contacts.
How to refresh WhatsApp contact list on Android and Samsung?
If the contact that you are looking for doesn't appear in your WhatsApp contact list, begin by making sure that the person you're looking for has the app's latest version installed. If this is the case, your issue may be caused by the totality of your contacts not showing up in your device's contacts list. (This includes contacts from your SIM card, Google, and the internal memory of your device as well as contact groups.)
Open WhatsApp Messenger, and tap the New Chat button to access your contact list.
To show all of your contacts, go to Contacts > Menu > Settings. Then, uncheck and re-check the box next to Show all contacts:
Next, tap the Menu button > Refresh. Your contact list will immediately update to reveal any and all contacts available on WhatsApp:
Your friend should now appear in your WhatsApp contact list.
How to refresh WhatsApp contact list on iPhone?
Launch WhatsApp, and go to your Favorites tab. Scroll to the top of your Favorites list, then pull the list down with your finger.
WhatsApp will now refresh your contacts list. Your Favorites will be sorted alphabetically, and any hidden or deleted contacts will be restored.
- Contacts not showing in whatsapp
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone > Guide
- Someone accidentally blocked and reported me on WhatsApp > Forum - WhatsApp
- How To Delete a WhatsApp Contact on Android
- How To Remove Numbers From The Blocked List
- Create Contact Shortcuts in WhatsApp
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile