Caller Tile keeps disappearing

Closed
mickbutler Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 27, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2020 - Updated on Apr 28, 2020 at 02:05 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Apr 28, 2020 at 02:16 AM
Hi,
When I screen share with my grandson, sometimes he is visible in a small tile on the top RH corner of my screen so that I can see him, but often when I open an document for us to look at together, or a website, the document r site is on top and I can no longer see his tile.

How can I configure Skype so that the tile is always on top?
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Apr 28, 2020 at 02:16 AM
Hello Mick, when you share your screen with your grandson, if you normally view Skype in full screen mode, exit this mode, so the Skype window is smaller than your overall screen. This should allow enough space around the Skype window for the pop up window of your grandson to appear alongside.

The pop up window with the other person's camera is set to always on bottom instead of on top. It will always pass below the main Skype window.

You can try this to keep the Skype window Always On Top (whether or not this will apply to the pop up window when you share your scree, I'm not sure). Info from here.
  • Go to the Always On Top download page (see link in Resources), and then download the ZIP file to your computer.
  • Locate the downloaded file, and extract it anywhere on your hard drive.
  • Navigate to the folder into which you extracted the file and double-click it.
  • Launch Skype.
  • Press “Ctrl-Space” to keep Skype on top. The Skype window will always appear in front of all other windows on the screen and on top of the Windows task bar. Press “Ctrl-Space” again when you want to undo this, so that the window behaves like a normal window again..

Let me know how you get on!

Regards