You tube unlisted

Closed
Collegebrad - Jun 25, 2020 at 06:10 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jun 27, 2020 at 08:49 AM
I have selected unlisted for many of my You Tube videos but they still show up on the playlist and anyone can click on them and view them. Why? You repeat the guidance on here that unlisted means they don't appear and only those who have the URL can view them but this is obviously not the case. Am I doing something wong?

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jun 25, 2020 at 03:23 PM
Hi,

If a video is saved in a playlist, you should remove it from there so that no one can directly access the video. To remove a video, go to the playlist where it is saved and hover over the video. Then click the cross icon.

Note: You must be the creator of that playlist to be able to remove your videos.
I have done that but if anyone clicks on the videos tab they will be able to see the unlisted videos and view them.. This contradicts the description of the unlisted option that You Tube provides. They say that people will only be able to view the videos if I share the URL with them but this is clearly not true. So I do not understand why unlisted permits a public view. I assume there is no way around this? The private option is too restrictive for my needs and so I am going to have to delete my videos and share with my clients the old fashioned way via email attachment. However, many thanks for taking the time to respond.
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891 > Collegebrad
Jun 27, 2020 at 08:29 AM
Do you see the videos in that playlist even if you are not logged in to your YouTube account? It seems to me that unlisted videos are still visible if you are logged in, but are not be visible to other persons.