Installing 2009 Antivirus

Closed
purplewhirlie - Jul 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM
 LC - Jul 9, 2009 at 05:43 PM
Hello,

I am trying to install Kaspersky 2009 Anti-virus onto my laptop. It installs fine, and even goes through the online registration. However, once I restart all connection to the internet, email, and my work server is lost. Before having the last version of Kaspersky (prior to this new installation), I had a Symantec product and I thought we had removed all traces of it because I have been using Kaspersky successfully now for several months. However, when I went into my registry this time, there were still a few Symantec files in the registry. I have now removed them and still no luck.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?
Thanks!
Related:

1 response

Hi, I had a Symantec antivirus and it messed up quite a lot of things on my PC. I don't know this new antivirus Kaspersky sorry? Anyhow, I was told about an antivirus called "AVAST" just tap in on Google avast.com it's completely free and I've been using it for at least 5/6 years now after my problems with Symantec! I also had files remaining from the Symantec programme but when I installed "AVAST" it seemed to get rid of them. I have looked and they're nowhere to be found. Hope this helps?