Sony ericson c510 and bluetooth on Vista

Closed
hazed100 - Oct 12, 2009 at 04:52 PM
 lipika mohanty - May 15, 2010 at 06:35 AM
Hello,
I have the new c510 ericson and i have started to link it to my PC desktop via bluetooth, the thing is it appears to try to install 5 "bluetooth peripheral device" one after the other, first one "sony ericson seechri control device" seems to work fine and says ready to use but the others all keep asking me for the disc that came with the phone! and there wasnt one.

I downloaded the latest PC suite from sony for the C510 and I even took a chance and updated the phone software to the latest "facebook" friendly software but still vista wont find any drivers for the 4 bluetooth devices left.

oddly, at the moment and each time i turn on the PC and phone they seem to link up ok, it shows up as working on the icons in the start bar, I have used the bluetooth connection to send files and photos, games and addresses etc, used it as a pointer breifly and tried it out as a mouse, all worked fine as it searching for the drivers but as soon as vista actually confirmed it found no drivers for bluetooth devices like "HID bluetooth device" it stopped the ability to connect from the phone to the PC somehow (when you connect to a PC device using the phones own software it fails to connect).
It still however can exchange passcodes and it says they are connected, also works if you connect to the phone from the PC, and like I said i am still able to send files easily from PC to phone now

I guess the question is more
"do I need these failed drivers anyhow?" (it seems to work even with failed driver installs for most things! and some do install ok- 3 or so of them)

and also
"where do I find actual sony ericson c510 driver files, used for these bluetooth drivers? are they somewhere in my PC hidden? or in the PC suite software from sony and vista driver search is just missing them?"

my Vista 32bit home is service packed to latest versions, winupdate done every day auto, the motherboard drivers are up to date (Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L) and i have the latest bluetooth vista drivers installed from microsoft as far as i am aware.

I dont use it as a mouse or pointer or remote control but i would like to have that ability if i can as its really quite usefull to me for certain situations though other options are still there so its no biggie, it does the mains tasks like file sending and backing up to pc from phone via bluetooth still so should i just ignore the repeated failed attempts to find those last remaining 3 or 4 bluetooth devices that rmain failed driver instals?
(im guessing the failed ones are for pointer,mouse,remote and something else)

Thanks for any help, much appreciated here!! :D

Regards,
Hazed100
Related:

2 responses

Hi Hazed100,
Did you get an answer to your query? I have exactly the same problem and am struggling to resolve it. Any info would be appreciated. Where are those darned drivers??
Regards
Going Mad
lipika mohanty
May 15, 2010 at 06:35 AM
c 510 have no bluetooth they cheeet u ha ha ha