In this article, you will to learn how you can reset the Sony Xperia Z to its factory settings. Before beginning, please note that resetting the smartphone will result in the deletion of any and all stored data and settings. We recommend that you back up your data using the Sony PC Companion (27MB) software.
How to reset to factory settings?
To reset a Sony Xperia Z to its factory settings:
- Begin on the idle screen, and tap the Menu button.
- Next, go to Settings > Backup & Restore > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone.
- Confirm the procedure by tapping Erase Everything
How to perform a hard reset?
- To hard reset your phone, begin by pressing and holding the power button + volume up key for a few seconds.
- The device will vibrate once. At this point, you may release the power button. Continue holding the volume key for 10 more seconds.
- The phone will vibrate and, then, shutdown, indicating that the hard reset procedure is complete.