Toshiba Satellite a215 S7437 best linux dist

Closed
Para - Aug 16, 2008 at 10:40 AM
 Mcrae - Jun 6, 2010 at 07:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite a215 S7437 laptop, and want to switch to Linux and I am a complete newbie at this and have no idea how to get drivers to work, I have Kubuntu installed as a duel boot, and have everything working but my wireless card (sound was working out of the fresh install) Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on getting my wifi to work, and then on installing programs =X I cant figure it out rofl... I am so newb...
Related:

4 responses

toshiba Satellite L300 driver key
download the linux driver for your realtek wireless card from the toshiba website and install it. ( cd to folder, make and make install)
A lot of linux users have this problem so don't be worried. Go to system->administration->hardware drivers and deactivate the current driver installed for your wireless card. Then go to system->administration->Synaptic Package Manager. There you should find the latest linux-backports-modules and install them by checking the box next to it, selecting install, then clicking the arrow at the top of the window that says apply. Shut down your computer, boot it back up, and the wireless card should work properly. Hope this helps!
Anyone? Please need some help here. -_-