Kali Linux download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
If you are looking for an operating system specifically designed for penetration testing and ethical hacking built-in tools, then Kali Linux is the OS you need. As it comes with hundreds of tools and specific configurations, it makes your tasks easier and safer.
What is Kali Linux?
Kali Linux (formerly known as BackTrack Linux) is an open-source, Debian-based Linux distribution designed to help you perform advanced penetration testing and security auditing. Indeed, it comes with many installed tools (over 600), configurations, and automation to let you focus on your tasks.
What are the key features of Kali Linux?
- Evaluation: This program can evaluate the security system used on the platform and detect any possible weaknesses. At the end of each analysis, it generates a report of vulnerability that is displayed on the main interface.
- Security enhancements: The Kali Linux application strengthens the defense system in order to face external attacks. To do this, it automatically establishes safety rules with defined parameters as an additional layer of security.
- Data protection: Apart from the features mentioned above, Kali Linux offers the possibility to limit access to data stored on the hard drive by locking them or putting them in read-only.
- Reports: All actions performed with Kali Linux can be saved in the software's database and sorted by date and transactions. The reports are available in the resources of the program.
How to install Kali Linux?
First of all, download Kali Linus by clicking on the green Download button at the top of the screen. Then, we recommend you burn The Kali Linux ISO to DVD or image Kali Linux Live to a USB drive and back up any important information to an external drive. Then, you are ready for the installation process: boot with your chosen medium and choose either Graphical Install or Install. Next, you will be asked to choose your geographic location, language, and keyboard layout. Then you can set up your network following these instructions on Kali's official website.
How to use Kali Linux?
There are tons of ways and reasons to use Kali Linux, and you will quickly find many materials on the internet. For example, you can browse general-purpose tutorials or penetration testing oriented guides.
Is Kali Linux free?
Kali Linux is completely free of charge.
Is Kali Linux safe?
Is it legal to have Kali Linux?
It is perfectly legal to have Kali Linux as it is only an operating system with many penetration testing and ethical hacking tools. As long as you don't do illegal actions with it, it is perfectly fine to use it (just like any other OS).
How to update Kali Linux?
- Ensure the file /etc/apt/sources.list is well populated. Type "cat /etc/apt/sources.list" in a terminal, and you should see displayed "deb http://http.kali.org/kali" and optionally "deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali" for additional packages.
- Then run the command "sudo apt update".
- Finally, run the command "sudo apt full-upgrade -y".
For information, you can consult the official website to update your OS.
Is Kali Linux good for gaming?
Linux variations are not particularly natively the most compatible operating systems for gaming, and it doesn't come with specific tools to emulate games. So, it would be best if you considered opting for other variations like Ubuntu.
- Kali linux iso
- Kali linux download
- Kali linux iso download
- Hiren boot cd 17.2 iso download > Download - Backup and recovery
- Windows 10 iso file download > Download - Windows
- Parted magic iso > Download - Storage
- Wine themes linux > Guide
- Linux install tar.gz > Guide