My DVD-RW shows DVD-RAM from last week.

Closed
Pranab - Sep 23, 2008 at 07:28 AM
 plaah - Jan 1, 2010 at 01:17 PM
Dear Sir,

My DVD-RW shows DVD-RAM from last week. Can u help me to solve my problem.
I have also installed Nero-7 premium version.
Before one week it is working well.
but now it shows problem.

Yours
Pranab
Related:

4 responses

hi pranab
i am faceing the same problem DVD-RW shows DVD-RAM, if your problem gas been resolved then plz tell me how it can be resolved. plz reply me soon.

confiugration: LENOVO Y500, WINXP,
My DVD drive has just started showing up as 2 drives - one DVD drive and one DVD-RAM drive, and this has also killed it in terms of writing DVDs - Nero says "unspecified target error".
nike.rebirth Posts 11 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2008 5
Sep 23, 2008 at 01:28 PM
hey there,

there is nothing to worry about dude sometimes it may show dvd ram and sometimes it may show dvd rw but in fact it will read and write dvd s correctly so nothing to worry about buddy.

see you
Had similar problem, has nothing to do with the system showing it as a different drive etc, nonesence. Mine started after i installed and uninstalled virtual drives and nero, something in the uninstallation process screwed with the real dvd rw drive, this seems to be all over the net and mostly a samsung issue, you can try flashing the firmwarte from samsung website, but will not fix the issue
one solution offered was to format the hard drive and clean install your os, if your os comes on a dvd your screwed
formatted my drive, installed xp from cd and still the same issue, sometimes its a cd drive and sometimes its a dvd ram drive
only real solution I have come to is to bin it and buy a better brand, samsung optical drives stink
Uninstall it through control panel and let windows to found it on next reboot and install back again. if this does not help, I suppose you dont have any [generic] dwd-rw drivers in c:\windows\inf\ folder.

And it does not depend on the dvd hardware vendor.