NO WIRELSS

Closed
FRITZ - Feb 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM
 barbie - Jun 7, 2010 at 06:16 AM
Hello,
I HAVE ASPIRE 5810T 8929 WINDOWS LAPTOP & A LINKSYS CISCO N ROUTER . I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET . WINDOWS CANNOT CONNECT THE WIRELESS NETWORK SECURITY KEY IS NOT CORRECT . WINDOWS SAYS MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH 1 OR MORE NETWORK ADAPTERS ON THE COMPUTER ? I CAN CONNECT TO ANOTHER NETWORK LIKE LINKSYS AND GET THE INTERNET LIKE NOW AT THIS TIME . THE ROUTER # WRT12ON . MY LAPTOP WAS WORKING VERY GOOD UNTIL WENESDAY THEN I LOST MY INTERNET. THANK YOU FRITZ

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 6, 2010 at 03:11 PM
This sounds like you need to reset the router. I would first try to unplug the power cord and keep it unplugged to 30 minutes. Plug it back in and test the connection. If that doesn't work then try to rest the router to factory defaults. You do this by pushing a ball-point pen into the hole in the back of the router. You can then test the internet a insecure network with the default SSID and no security key. After that you will need to complete the router set-up again. You might need to connect to the router with a wired connection as most modems require this.

Good Luck
just go to http;//192.168.1.1 write user name and your password the click connect