Network connection

Closed
cjpascal - Oct 12, 2008 at 09:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Hello,
I am having a headache. I am two laptop that both have wireless adapter and a desk PC. I am a broadband connection.

1) I want to connect the internet connection to the desk PC.

2) Connect one of the laptop to the desk PC via ethernet cable to share file and the internet connection.

3) And finally connect the second laptop via wireless connection to the first laptop that is connected via ethernet to the desk PC.

I once did it but when I formatted both laptop, I can't do it again.

Thanks guys if you can help me configure this again.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM
I have never tried this but would guess that you would need to run internet sharing on both the desk top PC and the laptop that connected by wire to the desktop. Then you would need to connect ther to laptops via a "computer-to-computer" (ad-hoc) type of network.

Why bother - buy a wireless internet gateway. attach it to your broadband modem. use a wire to Desktop and run the two laptops wireless. Then you will have WEP security and a hardware firewall in the access point/router.

Your method would leave all your computers open to hackers.