I have rpoblem

Closed
mceee\ - Oct 17, 2008 at 08:00 PM
Log_in Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday July 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 - Oct 18, 2008 at 08:29 AM
Hello,
Hello, m cee

First i'll tell you how the problem began. I was plugging in an extra hard drive into one of my CD drives slot and while doing so i had to remove my ram chips and my CPU heat sink and fan. In doing so i had problems with my CPU but i fixed them my main problem was when i plugged my ram chip back into the computer i let of a static discharge and fried one of my ram chips! Now all of the sudden after that i get absolutely no sound from my integrated sound chip. My brother who is really good with computers and a worker at a computer store at Compu-silv in Brockville Ontario told me it had to do with a driver or my bios. So i checked both and they were fine. I downloaded the newest driver for my Realtek chip (version A404) and nothing changed! My other problem is i have Xp and Vista on my computer and both OS'S sound stopped so i highly dought it's the driver. Anyways my computer knows the driver is installed and yes i made sure the fricken thing was properly plugged in because i ain't that stupid. I even checked windows Vista and showed that my audio device was putting out a signal. So my chip is working i'm just getting no sound from it. I have tried multiple speakers so it ain't the speakers. I f anyone can help please reply to my message.

1 response

Log_in Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday July 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 2
Oct 18, 2008 at 08:29 AM
i dont think that the problem is coming from your sound card but rather from your motherboard and so what i will recommend is that you try to get another motherbaord maybe you brother can help you in getting another motherboard where you will be able to just try to see if its working properly but i do think that the problem is with the motherboard