Excel drop down list

Closed
David - Apr 26, 2010 at 02:41 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 26, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Thanks for the reply but i have some more doubt. how can you add a third dependent list to this.
For example i have columns with headings continent, country, state & city. if i select Asia as the continent in cell A1, i need to get a dropdown list in cell B1 with asian countries list in the country column i.e. India,China etc.. if i select India then i need to get the states of the country(India) in cell C1 i.e. New Delhi, Kerala etc.. and when i select a state in cell C1 i need to get a drop down list with the cities in the state for example cochin, kollam etc..
can you please provide me the solution
Can you please provide me the solution.....

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 26, 2010 at 08:06 AM
I think you are refering to your earlier question at https://ccm.net/forum/affich-328750-excel-drop-down-box . Since it is same issue, it would have been better to just add to that thread so the follow of issue remain there.

Having said that, you solution would be same way, you just expand the design to take into consideration

In that, on change of col A, list of col B would be populated. In you case, on change of col A, list of col B would be populated and list for col C wiped out. On change of col B, list of col C would be repopulated