Facebook Messenger - Suggested Friends

Closed
jadess_0462 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2021 - Feb 14, 2021 at 10:34 AM
 Akajackal - Jul 2, 2021 at 05:06 PM
Hi I’m wondering if someone can please help me / explain why ... So When you search in Facebook messenger for one of your “friends” to message it comes up with “Recent Searches” which you can edit / delete o people in your recent searches and then it also has “suggested friends” which you can’t edit and I was thinking this is a list of people you usually contact or recently have contacted except for some reason in my “suggested friends” is someone I have not contacted in quite some time not on any Facebook forum, phone or other apps and they are second on my list. Why would that be?
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Feb 15, 2021 at 05:09 AM
Hello, the suggested friends or "People You May Know" section, is based on having friends in common, phone contacts in common, frequented locations etc. It is also possible that FB suggests friends, based on who has searched your profile / who you have searched for. The order that suggested friends appears seems to be based on relevance (how many friends in common etc).

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

That is absolutely not correct. The person on Top suggestion has few common than most other, I don't interact much either