Need help trying to find drivers on my emachi

Closed
firefoxy - May 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - May 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Hello,

I have an emachines model #T5246 running microsoft vista. I think my hard disc is fried but i am still trying to diagnose it. My operating system will not boot even from the recovery disc. i put that in and it says "To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK." When you browse for it, there is no local disc c drive, just a bunch of removable drives, the boot x, and computer. so because this is not recognizing my hard drive, is it not there? I opened the box to make sure no wires were loose and they arent. it all looks good inside. does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? thanks
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
May 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Hi there,

To get sure its the hard drive get in bios and if you do not see it detected then definitely you need to change it or change the boot sequence in bios.

Thanks