HP tx1000 won't power up

Closed
danny - May 31, 2010 at 06:50 PM
 lockguy13 - Sep 10, 2010 at 08:44 AM
Hello,

My HP tx1000 will not power up at all - no lights or anything. I switched my powercord to another laptop and it worked. I switched the battery packs - nothing. What could possibly be the problem. It powered up fine a few days ago.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2010 at 08:16 AM
Dear Danny,

Please check whether the problem is not coming from the power supplying unit being faulty.

Thanks in advance.
my laptop did the same thing this morning. I got it back up in 10 minutes. after you UNPLUG you laptop and remove the battery remove the ram from your laptop then remove your hard drive. between the hard drive and motherboard there is a thin layer of plastic film that acts as a heat shield. DO NOT REMOVE THE HEAT SHIELD... toward the top center of the heat shield you will feel a square chip that is almost 1 inch square. firmly but slowly press straight down on this chip to reset it. it seems the the laptop gets hot and loses the connection here so you are making it reconnect. after your done reinstall your hard drive and your ram. now put the battery back in plug it in and try to power it on.. like I said I had this problem like 45 minutes ago and it took me 10 minutes to get it going and now im writing this to you from the same laptop. good luck if you have questions feel free to email me at revkeener@yahoo.com aslo hit me up on yahoo messenger screen name revkeener.