MICRO SD CARD NOT WORKING HELP PLZ!

Closed
Ben R - Jul 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Jul 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Hello, I've recently had problems with my micro sd card. When I plug it in to the computer via Micro SD USB adapter, it tells me that it needs to be formatted, but when I try to format it, it tells me that it cannot be formatted.

Now, I've tried several things.

I've tried using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, but it tells me that it's write protected. I've tried removing the write protection by editting the registry thing by running registry edit, and putting the value of write protection to 0, but it still says the same thing.

I've tried converting the D: to FAT, but it says it can't convert RAW devices. Now, I'm not sure how it became a RAW device, but it did, and I would like to know how to get it back.

I've looked through the forums, and I've also googled many things, so much that I can't really remember.

Now, don't tell me that my Micro SD card is corrupt or broken, because it has NDS Roms on it, and those roms work when I put it in my Acekard and play it on my DS, so I don't think the Micro SD card is broken.

If anybody can answer this, please do.
And if there's a way to fix this without reformatting and losing my information, then please tell. But if not, It's okay, I'll use Recuva to get some files back after the reformat.

PLEASE HELP.

Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated from searching and finding no working answer...

Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Hi there,

With my experience i can bet that is damaged and cannot be used on computers ,,if working on your device then its good ,if ever you find a way to fix it let me know about the solution and let me update my knowledge.

Thanks