You don't have space to install apps on your Android smartphone? Do you get error 498 on your screen every time? We know how annoying it is to delete an application to install another or run out of capacity or storage space just when you need to take photos and videos. To expand your phone's internal memory, you can format your microSD card as internal storage from your device without any special software. Here's how to do it.
What to do if you get error 498?
If you are having problems installing an application or an operating system update, or even if you have restricted use of your mobile and your screen displays Error 498, this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The internal memory of your smartphone or SD card is insufficient. In the first case, you can convert your SD card into an internal memory source – as we will show you below. In the second case, consider using a memory card with more GB capacity.
- The cache is full. Go to Settings > Storage > Cached Data > Accept and in the Google Play Store, empty the cache. When finished, restart your phone and continue with the download or update.
What are the prerequisites?
- Remember to save all files on the memory card on your computer beforehand because all data will be deleted during the formatting process. Just insert your micro SD card in the corresponding slot on your computer, using an adapter if necessary, and move the files to your hard drive, cloud storage or external drive.
- Just want to read the card? Some SD memory cards or the microSD adapter have a side tab to protect them from writing. If you want to modify the files on the memory card, change the position of the tab to unlock it.
- If your PC does not recognize the card, you may have disconnected your card during writing. In this case, you can try to recover your files with tools such as Recuva, Restoration or Undelete Plus. If your files are not important, you can choose to format your SD card directly from your Android as indicated below.
- You should know that formatting an SD card as internal storage is ideal for storing your applications, photos, videos and documents in. However, since it works as internal storage, your microSD card needs to be inserted into your phone for the applications to work properly. Otherwise, your device may fail.
How to convert the SD Card to an internal memory source?
This process is very simple and can vary depending on your Android phone model. To start, go to Settings or Configuration and select Storage. If you can't find it on the menu, type Storage in the search panel (it may appear in the Device Care section).
Option 1: On some mobile phones, you will see your SD card in the Portable Storage section. Click on it and then select Storage Settings.
In the new window, you will see your memory card information. Select the option Format as internal and confirm by tapping Erase & Format > OK.
Option 2: On other phone models, click on the 3 little dots icon in the upper-right corner, then click on Storage Settings. Select your SD card and click Format. In the new window, click on Format memory card to confirm.
You may soon see a pop-up window that asks: «Do you want to move content to your SD card?». If you do, click on the Move Content button and wait a little.
You can also change the storage settings for your applications and your media content.
How to move an application to the SD Card?
Go to Settings > Applications and choose the app you want. Then click on Storage > Change and in the Change Storage Location window, select Memory Card > OK and you're done!
How to store your photos on the SD Card?
Open your Android camera and select the Settings icon on the top left. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, click on Store and checkmark the Memory Card. From this moment on, all your photos and videos will be saved on your SD card.
- Android 11 sd card as internal storage
- How to use sd card as internal storage
- No option to format sd card as internal storage android 11
- Network card > Guide
- Orion stars download for android > Download - Online gaming and betting
- Pay netflix with debit card > Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11 > Download - Fighting
- Fire kirin apk download for android latest version > Download - Online gaming and betting