BIOS NOT DECTEDTING HDD IDE TO SATA CONVERTER

Closed
wild0child - Aug 6, 2010 at 05:01 PM
 Charles - May 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Hello, I have bought a ide to sata converter as my motherbourd has sata and my hard drive has ide I plug the converter in and power and set hard drive to (tried 3) Slave / master and cable select but my bios is still showing no sata drives when I look in bios device configuration please help

Related:

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 7, 2010 at 08:51 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Check your connections once again.

Try connecting it by removing the jumpers from the IDE harddisk.

Good Luck.
ok mate will try and get back to you thanks
Badintense Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 at 05:10 AM
I'm having the same problem. I am using win7ult.
I bought two different brands fzx5003(c) and a jp103-20330 but neither one will work. the red light comes on but windows does not recognize it.
i thought sata was hot-swappable? or does sata need a reboot?

these drives work ok with my ide to usb converter. I have 4 empty sata slots on my motherboard and want to use them.

any idea on where to find the drivers?
I plugged the FZX5003 into the ide hard drive WD40gb and left all the master/slave/CS jumpers off it so it is then just master with no slave. (master is for when you have a slave on WD drives). Added power cables, plugged sata cable in jack farthest from pwr jack, and set bios to detect sata drives. The bios detected the WD ide drive no problem. Loaded XP on a mobo that has only one ide port for the cdrom, and the rest are all sata ports , 6 of them..