Dell inspiron mini 10 system restore

Closed
Dave - Jan 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 9, 2011 at 04:59 AM
Hello,

I would like to perform a system restore but all the instructions I can find tell me to hold Ctrl and press F11 at the Dell start up screen. I have followed these instructions to the letter, dozens of times now.
It just doesn't work. Anybody have any suggestion?

(The operating system is Windows XP)
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Greetings,

These are the Dell instructions:
To perform PC Restore:
1. Turn on the computer.
During the boot process, a blue bar with
www.dell.com appears at the top of the
screen.
2. Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press
<Ctrl><F11>. If you wait too long and the
operating system logo appears, continue to
wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows®
desktop; then, shut down your computer and
try again.
CAUTION: If you do not want to proceed
with PC Restore, click Reboot.
3. Click Restore and click Confirm.
The restore process takes approximately 6 to
10 minutes to complete.

PS: If "Ctrl+F11" doesn't work, try "F8".

Good Luck!
Hi

I had the same problems with my sons computer. It depends which operating system you have. Ours is 7 so on startupyou have to repeatedly press f8. This will take you to a screen, you then click on repair computer. At the next screen you have to click on the bottom option which is to restore dell factory settings then follow instructions
Thanks so much I have looked everywhere for an answer to this ...and you have do you know if you can do this more than one time ?
Anonymous User
Apr 9, 2011 at 02:46 AM
Yes, you can do it more than once but it is advisable to do it in case of major problem.
Glad to hear that, I was not having a problem, but I wanted to put it back to factory condition for I am selling it..I wonder why it is advisable not to do it, unless you are having major problems.
Anonymous User
Apr 9, 2011 at 04:59 AM
Yes, if you want to sell it, you can do a system restore, but don't forget that you'll loose all your data after the restoration, so it's advised to do backup of your data before the recovery.

Regards!