Has your WhatsApp account been suspended? Although it is not usual, it can happen. If this has happened to you don't despair: in this article we will explain the possible reasons behind your suspension, how to recover your account and the differences between a temporary and permanent suspension.
How to recover a temporarily suspended account?
If you see a message on the screen saying that your account has been temporarily suspended followed by a timer, the solution is simple. Typically when WhatsApp blocks you, it is if you have been using unofficial apps, such as WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp. In this case, we recommend that you return to the official version of the platform (before the timer reaches zero) if you do not want to see your account permanently blocked. There are several simple steps to take before to make sure that you do not lose any of your conversations that are stored in the ‘pirated’ apps.
To create a backup of GB WhatsApp , enter the application and follow the path More options> Chats> Backup . Then go to Phone Settings> Storage ; Find the folder where the GB WhatsApp files are and change the name to " WhatsApp ". From there you can uninstall the unofficial application, download the official version and restore the available backup.
If you had WhatsApp Plus , you can skip this step, since the chat history is automatically transferred to the official version of the service. Delete Plus, download WhatsApp and restore the backup.
How to recover a permanently suspended account?
The main reasons given for indefinitely blocking an account are related to:
- Sending bulk, spam and spam messages
- Abuse of annoying broadcast lists. They are considered annoying if the app receives numerous complaints from other users
- The use of illegal contact lists obtained illegally, such purchasing numbers
- Sharing prohibited content, such as messages that incite hatred or that are racist, threats and harassment, etc.
If you have not used WhatsApp for any of these purposes, you can use contact the application to ask the reason why you have been blocked and ask to restore your account. To do this, write an email to the WhatsApp Support service explaining that this is an error and asking for reactivation. WhatsApp ensures that it examines case by case so as not to commit injustices, so if you have not breached its conditions of use, they may allow you to reuse your account.
How to avoid a WhatsApp suspension?
Although these are mostly common sense, we remind you of some basic guidelines to avoid having problems with the use of the messaging service.
- Be respectful with the people you communicate with through the app. When it comes to a new contact, be sure to introduce yourself, explain how you got that phone number, and of course respect the other person's wishes if he asks you not to write it again.
- In case of being an administrator of one or several groups, you are responsible for the content within them. Therefore, we recommend that you choose moderators carefully and responsibly , and that you limit permissions so that only you decide who can and who should not send messages. And of course, do not add people who have not asked to be part of the group.
- Finally respect peoples privacy . Never forward private information or compromised content, or spread messages with the aim of harming others.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- Whatsapp suspended
- How to appear offline on whatsapp > Guide
- How to transfer whatsapp messages to new phone without backup > Guide
- Whatsapp av_buffer_create > Forum - WhatsApp
- Contacts not showing in whatsapp > Guide
- Whatsapp could not find a connected audio device [solved] > Forum - Drivers
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone