Trouble Installing Graphics Card

Closed
madman1324 - Jan 14, 2009 at 05:36 PM
ishe67 Posts 17 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 - Jan 15, 2009 at 03:33 AM
Hello,

I am having troubles installing my NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT graphics card. I have had it for years but for some reason it uninstalls itself and the graphics card rolls back to the default one. I have tried many of times installing it using proper driver disk and downloading them from nvidia.com. The messages I am getting are:

'Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista [32-bit]. This setup program and its associated drivers are designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]. The installation will be terminated.'

AND

'The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.'

However, my system is running on 32-bit and I have checked multiple times and I know my graphics card is there because it was only yesterday I was playing a game which needed it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Related:

1 response

ishe67 Posts 17 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 9
Jan 15, 2009 at 03:33 AM
hi,

it may be that there are some problems with your graphics card.

or it may be also that you need to upgrade your operating system.

try to use the graphics card with another computer and see if it sill behaves the same way.