Video and voice calls

Closed
Posh - Jan 19, 2009 at 02:50 PM
tintinpi Posts 7 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Jan 20, 2009 at 03:12 AM
Hello,

I dont know if i'm in the right play.......
I can not make video and voise calls on my laptop........always if i'm making video call or voice calls i'm being told that i can not make anycall because maibe other program is using my webcam.

I want to find a solution to this.....I'm using windows vista dell insiron.
please help!
Related:

1 response

tintinpi Posts 7 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009
Jan 20, 2009 at 03:12 AM
Ok, first of all make sure that your webcam has been well configured. If you want remove the installation and install it again. Also make sure that you have the right drivers for the webcam.

If you are using an IM for the voice call or video calls ensure that the IM is compatible with this webcam. Else, you will never be able to make use of it.

Once done close all the programs that might be using the webcam (press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Task Manager and check that no programs are being used by the webcam at that time).

If this still does not work, you can try making a virus scan to see if no folder has been corrupted.