In this article we will look at the call barring feature that can be used to block unwanted international calls from contacting you. We will show you how to block international calls for iPhone, Samsung and Android devices.
How to block international calls on iPhone?
If you have iOS 13 or later installed on your iPhone, you can use a feature called: Silence Unknown Callers which prevents you from receiving calls from numbers that you don't know. If you have previously called or texted the number, then phone calls from that number will be received. This should prevent the feature from blocking anyone you may want to contact but haven't saved to your phone. All you have to do to turn on Silence Unknown Callers is go to Settings > Phone, then select Silence Unknown Callers and turn the feature on.
You can also use third-party apps such as the Verizon Call Filter, which screens incoming calls and blocks unwanted spam.
How to block international calls on Samsung?
The following steps should show you how to block international calls on a Samsung phone, they may also work for other devices.
- Firstly, begin by launching the Phone app on your Samsung device.
- Go into the Call Settings, the three-dot menu, typically this is in the right corner of the screen.
- Find the Call settings, or Call blocking option.
- Then depending on the software version of your Samsung phone, you may find different options. What you want to do is look for any setting that is related to International calls, or international numbers.
- Once you have found this, you need to turn on the option to block international calls. You may be able to add specific international numbers to block.
- Now you have done that, save the new settings and exit the menu.
How to block international calls on Android?
To block unwanted international calls on Android, go into Call Settings > Auto reject list > Create. From here, you can create a list of numbers that are automatically rejected. You don't need to enter a full number; you can enter the dialing code for a given country. For example, if you live in America and don't want to receive calls from Canada, then add +1 to the list, and any subsequent numbers beginning with +1 will be blocked.
Alternative solution: contact your carrier
If you are unable to find the necessary settings on your phone, you can contact your mobile service provider's customer support for assistance. They can guide you on how to block international calls based on their specific procedures.
Keep in mind that these steps are general guidelines, and the specific options available to you may vary based on your phone model, operating system, and carrier.