How do i return to factory settings with no

Closed
help me - Jul 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Hello,
what do i do?? i didnt mqke a back disc for my dell inspiron 1545 windows 7....i want to restore my laptop to how it was when i purchased it...how do i do this with no recovery/back up disc?
please help

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM
You should have a "hidden" partition on the hard drive that contains the restore information.

Shutdown and restart your computer. Keep pressing "F8" until you see the "Advanced Boot Options" menu. You must depress the keys before the Windows Logo screen appears. If you wait until after the screen appears and then press "F8", it's too late and you'll have to reboot the system and try again.

Navigate to the "Repair your computer" option

Select the appropriate language and click "Next".

Sign onto the system as an administrator. Without administrative privileges, you will be unable to perform the system restore.

Select "Dell Factory Image Restore" and click "Next".

Place a check in the check box next to the text that says "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore System Software to factory condition" and click "Next".

Click "Finish" to complete the process. This will reboot your computer.

Good Luck