There are some cases when a PC is connected to the internet but will only allow browsing on websites such as Google, Facebook, YouTube, or Wikipedia. This is often the result of updating one's operating system or computer settings. If this is the case, you need to check if your computer's LAN settings have been changed.
How to verify and configure Windows LAN settings?
Go to the Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab and then click on LAN settings.
In the window that opens, clear the checkboxes next to Use a proxy server for your LAN and Use automatic configuration script. The Automatically detect settings option is the only one that should remain enabled:
Click on OK to save your settings. Open your web browser and try to connect to other websites. If the problem persists, then the only alternative left is to perform a system restore.
- Clear your Bluetooth Sync History in Windows
- Shutdown or Wake Up a PC on a LAN
- How to Change the Language Settings on Windows 8.1
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10 > Guide
- Disable the Security Center Service in Windows 7
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO