Dell Long life of Laptop Battery

Closed
Fourkan Posts 4 Registration date Thursday May 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2013 - Jun 9, 2013 at 05:29 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 10, 2013 at 09:46 AM
Hello,

I have a Dell Laptop. But I've confused about a matter. Which is more helpful for long life of laptop battery?

I Connect the charger and charge my battery. When my battery is 100% charged, what should i do?
I should unplug the charger and using laptop by charged battery or I should use laptop directly by AC current without unplug charger after 100% charged.
Please Help me about it.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 10, 2013 at 09:46 AM
Hi Fourkan,

The life of the battery is not affected by keeping your computer plugged into a power outlet for long periods. However, a decrease in performance is expected if your battery is over one year old. As most of the Dell Laptops are shipped with Lithium Ion technology battery, please note that discharging and charging does not increase the life of a Lithium Ion technology battery.

For more information please visit the following pages from Dell:

Dell Laptop Battery FAQ
How to improve your laptop battery's performance

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6