Annoying Autorun.inf Virus HELP!!!!!

Closed
TechProblems Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2013 - Aug 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 25, 2013 at 06:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

So my problem is about this stupid autorun virus that is really annoying and has damaged some data.

So to start the device i am talking about is a PSP and my two memory sticks were maybe infected.

My USB Flash Drive was the cause. it had AUTORUN.INF folder and i did't know what it was and i cant delete it so i ignored it. (i probably got this from the laptop it was plugged in previously).

plugged it in to my pc and with that there i plugged my psp to transfer some files but when i tried to open it (before that if you know that autoplay will pop up with only "open folder" and another. only two options in autoplay will appear). then i clicked it and a window will appear with this: "MY PSP (4GB)" its type is a shortcut and i wondered why it didn't show the normal folders that would appear eg. ISO, VIDEO, MUSIC, PICTURE, PSP and others. clicked the shortcut and shocked to some folders gone missing, back to my PSP the games wont show up as for the music, pics, vids and saved data. but on my computer, the games, videos, etc. are visible. so i found out that it was a virus the autorun.inf when i googled it. tried to use programs that would delete it but would still come back again and again.

This Autorun Remover program has found:
4#ZLWNNLGKDDJPB.ini
desktop.ini
thumbs.dl
in most scans it would find : autorun.inf

It said that these were viruses

USB Disk Security - zbshareware would pop up and say that there is an autorun.inf (risky)

tried removing with CMD (encoding the attrib -s -r -h *.*) and found the hidden files (mentioned above)it was revealed. (cant delete via CMD either)
it also showed the MEMSTICK.IND (not sure of the name but there were 2). and i have recovered file fragments (the .chk thingies which are 2 of them inside a folder named "FOUND000") never had it before the virus. back to CMD, after it appeared i deleted it but kept coming back. the next day i deleted the 4#... and i cant open the shortcut because it is missing. and the zbshareware didn't detect the autorun anymore even though the autorun is still there the other programs cant detect any virus but PSP is still not fine.

it originally had 140 MB but when the other files were missing it turned to 240 MB with the games and vids are still there.

So this is my problem and i would appreciate anyone who could help me solve my problem. (Frustrated after trying to get rid of this for a weak!) Those were important and worked hard playing

Thankyou :)
Related:

2 responses

TechProblems Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2013
Aug 25, 2013 at 01:39 AM
can anyone also help me recover the lost files
Thanks! :)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 25, 2013 at 06:00 AM