Help with comparing column data

Closed
Lost in the Desert Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 31, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013 at 06:25 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 31, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Here is my situation, I have a DB with a column of customer #'s that I want to tie to a status column. Each customer # can have anywhere from 1 - 12 rows with five possible status's. I want to create a column in which one can look at and see what customers have 2 or 3 status's attributed to the same customer #'s. Hopefully this makes sense. The status listings are HB, PE, SO, SU, UN. Thanks for any help from all of you out there.

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 31, 2013 at 06:40 PM
Lost,

Is this a spread sheet, or a Database file?

If it is a spreadsheet, the easiest turnkey solution would be a filter, on what ever code you are looking for. I am not certain how you can have a running tally of customers, with mutilple codes, without a filter.

How do you check for codes already?
Lost in the Desert Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 31, 2013
Dec 31, 2013 at 06:45 PM
This is a spreadsheet of data pulled from our main database, and handed to me for a project. The multiple codes are different attributes that may apply to a customer, and a customer might have one or several attributes.
Blocked Profile
Dec 31, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Thank you for the quick response. Wow, and I am the Provider!

Upload an example of your "slice", considering your Slice maker won't cut a query for you!