Can't read USB flash drive, please HELP!!!

Closed
freestylezz Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2009 - Mar 5, 2009 at 04:08 PM
heavenlyz Posts 11 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 - Mar 6, 2009 at 05:43 AM
Hello all,

i just got a huge problem...
the usb flash drive (Kingston 2GB) died, computers can read it... i tried with 2 laptops and one pc

it was working ok just a few days ago and today when i insert it to retrieve an important file... the computer is not reading it..., i go to my computer, the F drive (which appears when a flash drive is inserted) is not there... i tested other flash drives and all working ok...

i really need your help to retrieve the data from the flash drive, it is very important
Related:

1 response

heavenlyz Posts 11 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009
Mar 6, 2009 at 05:43 AM
I'm afraid that the flash drive is not working anymore. It happened to me at work I inserted it in a CPU and it burned it down. This might be the reason why it is not being detected in any other computer. If you have a back up of the flashdisk on another CPU, you better try to change the flashdisk and make a back up of it next time