Help my friend, I need answers!

Closed
Rossala Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday September 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 16, 2014 - Sep 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 16, 2014 at 03:37 PM
My friend told me that she could not launch anything, she can like at launch the minecraft launcher but she cannot play it... she tried browsing the internet, but she also could not do it, so she isn't using her computer anymore. She started to tell me 2-3 months after she downloaded a cracked version of it. So my first question to her was that if her slow laptop got infected, and she said no. So my first guess of virus was wrong. My other question was that could she download anything, and she said no. I asked her does anything have to do with any random text which comes out on screen, but she ALSO said no. I asked her what type her computer mode was, she said it was a safe mode... you could not have believed what I heard... she said "I cannot even launch a single thing, not even the internet, the minecraft launcher, the other games or anything! Even random errors appeared up on screen! But since I think you are a computer expert, if you have time please come to my house and fix it buy this week!" so I said that "But... I... don't know what virus you are having! If you are on safe mode, you aren't able to launch anything, you are having a virus I do not know! So even if I come this weekend it might be too late... but I still hope I can fix it...." so please help me if you got any answers of the virus name, the percentage of removing it, and the time taken to notice, and how it got it, if not I can't save my friend's 1mil computer!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 16, 2014 at 03:37 PM
The only safe thing to do is re-install Windows and wipe the computer clean. That is some times called a "reformat".

Good Luck