Cable isn't plugged into network adapter local area connection,

Closed
CStokes3 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2014 - Nov 15, 2014 at 08:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 16, 2014 at 02:32 PM
I have had a 2008 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC for a while and now something is already wrong with it! I haven't been using it because of battery problems. The battery all of a sudden can't seem to soak up any energy! So I can't unplugged it and remove it because then it will go out. Then all of a sudden it can't connect to the internet! Just suddenly! Each time I troubleshoot it all it says is a cable isn't plugged into network adapter local area connection, what does it mean?! And what can I do to get it to work! One time it just snapped on and worked fine for awhile then suddenly shut off again! Please help me!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 16, 2014 at 02:32 PM
A 6 year old battery probably needs to be replaced. They seldom last that long.

What type of internet connection where you using? It sounds like you were using a wifi connection to a broadband wireless Router in your home.
The computer currently does not detect the wifi signal and is telling you to connect a Ethernet cable directly to the Router.

Do other computers connect to the router OK? If so you might have picked up malware that has disconnected your browser.

It's also possible that the router has stopped transmitting the wifi signal.

Good Luck