My computer tuns on after while monitor turns but cpu is on

Closed
ashish - Jan 15, 2015 at 01:39 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jan 17, 2015 at 01:33 PM
Hello,
while i turn on the computer it come on and stays after a while working on it monitor lights goes and after that keyboard stops to work but when i see the CPU lights are still ON there.
i cleaned the RAM .cleaned the COMPUTER JUNK with the help of C Cleaner even computer is not heating up.but problem till persist.need help urgently

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jan 17, 2015 at 01:33 PM
Hi ashish,

My first reaction to this problem is that there may be a hardware fault. If you are happy to and this is a desktop machine, try taking the side off. There may well be lots of dust inside. If you want to try removing this then do so carefully making sure you dont dislogde any wires or expansion cards. Also beware of static discharge - before you put your hands antwhere near a component make sure you are holding (with the other hand) a metal part of the case. This should make you the same static potential of the computer.

Now check all the capacitors you can see. Do any have a rounded top rather than flat? Do any have brown stuff leaking from them? If either of these are true, then its time for a new card/mainboard to be fitted.

Let me know how you get on.