If you are concerned about keeping your personal data private, we're happy to tell you that there is a formula to find out if there is anyone reading your personal conversations. This is the chat access history that is stored in the WhatsApp Web version and in this article we will provide a detailed explanation of how to access it.
How to log into WhatsApp web?
WhatsApp Web is the desktop version of the application that can be accessed from its website. To open WhatsApp Web for the first time you need to access the website from your phone and scan the QR code that appears. Open your WhatsApp app settings on your smartphone and select WhatsApp Web/Desktop as shown in the image below.
At this point there is one very important detail to note: by default, the system enables the "Keep me logged in" option. This means that once you open your WhatsApp account in that web browser, it will remain connected and logged in even if you close the web page. You must go to the menu (the three points) and deliberately select Logout. Of course, you can choose not to log out on that web browser because you use it to access the service regularly, or you can ignore the detail. However, this means that anyone with access to your computer can open the WhatsApp website and access all your conversations.
How to detect if your WhatsApp messages are being spied on?
There is a formula which allows you to see if an intruder is accessing your conversations through WhatsApp Web. To access this feature, go to the WhatsApp app settings menu on your phone, open the WhatsApp Web option, and a list of computers with active open sessions will appear. It also lists the information about the computer on which the current session was started, the type of browser, the geographic location, and most importantly, the date and time when the last access took place.
This allows you to check two things. Firstly, you can see if there are any suspicious open sessions on your WhatsApp account, and secondly, if someone has accessed the open session on your computer when you were not logged in. You can also check this from your smartphone when away from home.
How to block intruder access?
In the event of a suspicious connection, it’s recommended to log out directly form your phone. It is not possible to log out of a specific computer and leave other browser sessions open, but what you can do is "Sign Out of All Sessions" on the web where you’re logged into your WhatsApp account.
Since it is extremely easy to log in to WhatsApp by simply scanning a QR code, we recommend you always log out before leaving the page for security reasons. In addition to that, you can regularly log into your connection history and close all sessions to prevent others from accessing and reading your chats.
- How to know if your whatsapp is being monitored
- How to know if someone is monitoring your whatsapp
- How to know if your whatsapp is being tracked
- Gb whatsapp download > Download
- Whatsapp offline > Guide
- Whatsapp download > Download
- Whatsapp stickers to telegram > Guide
- Whatsapp not verifying my mobile number > Guide
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, phone
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- WhatsApp voice changer: app, iPhone, male to female
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp contact?
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list (2022)
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to create Memoji in WhatsApp?
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: sound, for specific groups
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, from photos, videos
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- ICQ vs WhatsApp vs other messaging apps
- How to video/audio call via WhatsApp desktop app?
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: from Android and iPhone to PC
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- WhatsApp's new policy 2022: safe or not?
- Protect WhatsApp account: with password, fingerprint
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2022, privacy, video call
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos on WhatsApp: without compression, on iPhone
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- How to convert voice messages into text on WhatsApp