Regarding Pivot

Solved/Closed
Karthikeyan1207 Posts 16 Registration date Wednesday November 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2020 - Jan 21, 2015 at 06:27 AM
Karthikeyan1207 Posts 16 Registration date Wednesday November 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2020 - Jan 22, 2015 at 05:44 AM
Hi
I am doing Pivot for multplie data . In the Value field ( bottom right ) , I need SUM as default instead of count . I have to drag multiple column values in the Value field (bottom right ), where i am getting count values by default , which i need to click one by one and changing to SUM value.
Is there any option to set the SUM as or Average or any other as default , instead of count

Regards
Karthikeyan
Related:

2 responses

Excel will use SUM if the column of data is fully numeric.
If there are blanks or other non-numeric characters in the column the pivot will default to COUNT.
This only works the first time after the table has been created. Changing the data after the table has been created makes no difference and so it will remain as COUNT.
Karthikeyan1207 Posts 16 Registration date Wednesday November 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2020 1
Jan 22, 2015 at 05:44 AM
Hi Ray , I got you , this is useful info , Yes there are some blanks in my sheet , hence i am getting Count as default , i will make it zero before pivoting , to get SUM as default . Thanks a lot for your response ,

Regards
Karthikeyan