L:/ is not accessible. The file or Directory is Corrupted and Un

Closed
hasmukh ramani - Apr 6, 2016 at 03:44 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Apr 7, 2016 at 04:53 AM
Hello,

L:/ is not accessible. The file or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable. Halp!?
Plz May help

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 7, 2016 at 04:53 AM
Hey there, Hasmukh Ramani.

So judging by the letter of the drive I assume that this is most probably an external HDD or a USB flash drive, is that correct? Would you please give a bit more detailed information on what's going on: is this a flash drive, or an HDD; have you had any issues with it before; do you remember doing anything in particular before this happened; do you need to recover data?

Basically what I can recommend having in mind the information I have is to try the device with a different computer, to see if the same issue occurs. If it's a hard drive you should also try it with different cables as well.

It might be helpful if you could post a screenshot of what you see in Disk Management. Here's how to open it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=UTjZLQ

Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative